Welcome to Sutton-on-Trent
Primary and Nursery School
Our school has been at the heart of our village, serving the local community since 1878. We are incredibly proud of the school’s history and the strong relationships we form with our families and the wider local community. We enjoy working closely with our families, recognising the important roles that both home and school play in helping our children reach their full potential.
Our school is a friendly, caring and welcoming environment with an emphasis on nurturing the childrens' physical and mental health and well-being alongside developing ambitious and aspirational learners.
We are fortunate to have a highly-skilled, experienced and dedicated team of staff, who provide a stimulating, engaging and creative curriculum. Our aim is for our children to be happy, confident, motivated and independent learners and our staff provide the support and guidance that enables the children to be the best that they can be. This is achieved by maintaining high expectations for all of our children; encouraging them to recognise that they have talents and strengths and to have a positive, 'can do' attitude to new challenges and experiences. Our children grow to be resilient and reflective learners; taking risks in a safe environment, learning from mistakes and identifying areas in which they need to grow.
Wherever possible, enrichment opportunities are incorporated into our curriculum; through visits to places of interest or by welcoming inspirational visitors into school to enhance our learning. We celebrate diversity - embracing difference and individuality – whilst embedding British values and supporting our children to become valued members of their community.
We hope you enjoy exploring our website but if you would like to visit us, then please don’t hesitate to contact the school office, who will be pleased to arrange this for you.
We look forward to meeting you.
Mrs Jenny Hutchinson
What do our parents think about our school?
What do you like most about Sutton-on-Trent Primary School?
- Very friendly, if I have concerns I feel I can approach the teachers with confidence
- Children are happy, feel secure and look after each other
- The staff are approachable and always have time for me
- The happy, safe, positive atmosphere and the way the children are rewarded for working hard and their achievements
- The close knit supportive environment that my children are in – both with staff and other pupils. I wouldn’t want them to be anywhere else
- My children are very happy here – we like the ethos and sense of community
- The teachers and all staff are always friendly and helpful. They are working so hard to give the children the best chance of a great education
- Really appreciate the adjustment the staff have had to make to remote learning, it has made a huge difference to maintaining contact with school and learning engagement. Thank you.
- My child's teacher has gone above and beyond to nurture her mental wellbeing and I'm very grateful to her.
- The teacher/parent partnership has been excellent with both my children's teachers.
- The live sessions are excellent thank you, I don't always have the skills to teach my child the topics they are required to learn and the teachers expertise is greatly appreciated.
- I am really pleased with all the hard work and effort that has been put into the remote learning.The live sessions certainly help to keep my child happier and in touch with his teacher and his friends
Quotes from Parent Questionnaires